Obsidian™ PA6+Carbon Fiber [Markforged ONYX Alternative]
Obsidian™ PA6+CF filament was formulated to be a lower-cost drop-in Markforged Onyx Alternative suitable for all Markforged printers. We developed this material after extensive analysis and testing on our own in-house Markforged printer and many outside beta testers. The result is a seamless printing experience that produces parts with an outstanding appearance and excellent mechanical properties. Made using premium high-modulus carbon fiber and PA6 copolymer, Obsidian™ is an excellent alternative to Onyx™ that allows our customers to save money when using your Markforged printer.
Don’t have a Markforged printer? That’s no problem – Obsidian™ is also compatible with all non-Markforged printers that are suitable for printing PA6+CF. Take advantage of the excellent strength, stiffness, and appearance of this specialty material without over spending on Markforged Onyx™.
|Extruder Temp: 265-285°C||Bed Temp: 90-110°C||Heated Chamber: Recommended||Nozzle Specs: Hardened Steel Nozzle|
Supports: Works best with HTS break-away support
|Drying Specs: 90°C for 4+ hours||Layer Height: 0.1mm or higher||
Diameter: 1.75mm +/- 0.05mm
Markforged Print Recommendations:
- Obsidian™ was formulated to be a drop-in for Onyx™ without any changes to the print settings.
Recommended Print Settings for Non-Markforged Printers:
- Extruder: 265-285°C
- Bed Temp: 90-110°C
- Nozzle: We currently recommend a hardened steel nozzle
- Bed Prep: Magigoo Bed Prep
- Heated Chamber: Recommended
- Supports: AquaTek™ water soluble X1 USM Universal Support Material is designed to work with complex models
- Drying Instructions: 90°C for 4 hours if the filament exhibits signs of moisture