ACS712 Current Sensor Module can sense current flow (5A and 20A variant). Sensing and controlling the current flow is a fundamental requirement in wide variety of applications, which includes over-current protection circuits, battery chargers, switching mode power supplies, digital watt meters, programmable current sources, etc.
ACS712 Current Sensor Module is based on ACS712 sensor, which can accurately detect AC or DC current. The maximum AC or DC that can be detected can reach 20A, and the present current signal can be read via analog I / O port of a micro controller or an Arduino.
- Low-noise analog signal path
- Device bandwidth is set via the new FILTER pin
- 5 μs output rise time in response to step input current
- 80 kHz bandwidth
- Total output error 1.5% at TA = 25°C
- Small footprint, low-profile SOIC8 package
- 1.2 mΩ internal conductor resistance
- 2.1 kVRMS minimum isolation voltage from pins 1-4 to pins 5-8
- 5.0 V, single supply operation
- 66 to 185 mV/A output sensitivity
- Output voltage proportional to AC or DC currents
- Factory-trimmed for accuracy
- Extremely stable output offset voltage ▪ Nearly zero magnetic hysteresis
- Ratiometric output from supply voltage