This Matrix Keypad 4 X 4 has 16 buttons, arranged in a telephone-line 3x4 grid with a column of 4 characters (A, B, C, and D). The keys are connected into a matrix, hence only 8 microcontroller pins (4-columns and 4-rows) are required to scan the pad.
It's made of a thin, flexible membrane material with an adhesive backing (just remove the paper) so you can attach it to nearly anything. The keys are connected into a matrix, so you only need 8 microcontroller pins (4-columns and 4-rows) to scan through the pad.
- Pad Size: 76 x 76 x 0.8mm
- Cable length: 85mm (include connector)
- Connector: dupont 7 pins, 0.1 inch (2.54mm) Pitch
- Mount style: Self-Adherence
- Max. circuit rating: 35VDC, 100mA
- Insulation spec.: 100M Ohm, 100V
- Dielectric withstand: 250Vrms (60Hz, 1min)
- Contact bounce: ≤5ms
- Life expectancy: 1 million closures
- Weight: 7.5g