ECOMAX® Tough PLA is a unique filament created to offer superior ductility and lower gloss when compared to standard PLA. We formulated this engineering-grade material for industrial applications that require a more robust set of properties than what is usually available from typical PLA.
PLA is most well-known for its ease of printing, stiffness, and extremely high visual print quality. Tough PLA builds upon PLA’s foundation and greatly improves the material’s properties. It is ideal for prototypes, concept models, and end-use printed parts for hobbyists to industry engineers alike!
Benefits of Tough PLA Include:
- Greatly improved impact resistance and ductility while still being among the easiest materials to 3D print with
- Ideal for printing without a heated bed, no enclosure required
- Low shrinkage, warping, and easy printability, Tough PLA prints great on practically any desktop 3D printer
- Very low odor, perfect for 3D printing in home and office environments
- Made from plants makes PLA a renewable biopolymer
- Gorgeous surface quality and low-gloss to make printed parts look beautiful and highly technical.
This product contains 750 grams of filament.
2.85mm Available on order only. (Lead time: <7 days)
Tough PLA is a unique filament created to offer superior impact resistance, ductility, and lower gloss when compared to standard PLA. Developed for industrial-grade applications which require a more robust set of properties than what’s usually available from the typical PLA.
Tough PLA is a biopolymer derived from plants. Our premium blend of ECOMAX® PLA is made right here in the USA from 100% virgin PLA Natureworks biopolymer resin and state-of-the-art compounding technologies to achieve its toughness. It’s famous for being perfectly suited to practically all desktop 3D printers, including the Makerbot, Prusa, Ender, Flashforge, Anet, Creality, Lulzbot, Makergear, Ultimaker, and many more printer families.
1.75mm and 2.85mm +/- 0.05mm in diameter
Recommended Print Settings:
- Extruder: 200-230°C
- Bed Temp: 23-60°C
- Bed Prep: Magigoo Bed Prep Adhesive gives us the best results
- Heated Chamber: Not required
- Supports: Water-soluble AquaTek X1 USM works great for complex parts.
- Drying Instructions: 65°C for 4 hours.