HydroLaunch® Water Rocket Basic Pack
Launch - Deploy - Recover - Repeat
MADE IN INDIA
The HydroLaunch® Water Rocket system enhances the traditional method of using pressurized water to propel a rocket by transforming it into a powerful teaching tool. This system introduces mechanical complexity, enabling students to engage in hands-on engineering of a water rocket. Through this process, they can customize launch angle, nozzle size, and deploy a parachute with precision.
The foam nosecone of the rocket contains a space for the LaunchTrak flight computer, which records and provides students with detailed flight data. Students can analyze the logged data, including flight altitude and graphing. Additionally, the Hydro Launch system includes the B.E.T.A. (Bottle Engine Test Apparatus), a new tool for measuring thrust and enabling students to predict rocket flight in the classroom.
Water Rocketry 2.0 not only offers a thrilling and enjoyable experience, but also serves as a valuable tool for students to conduct experiments, analyze data, and improve their mechanical skills through hands-on learning. By allowing students to learn the material without compromising the science, Water Rocketry 2.0 provides an excellent approach to education. Incorporating Water Rocketry 2.0 into your lesson plans can make a significant impact and add a splash of excitement.
Unlike other Water Rockets available in the market, the HydroLaunch® is a complete system that provides all the features expected in a model rocket - from an aerodynamic nose cone to precision cut fins, all you need are a couple of soda bottles for your next rocketry adventure.
A HydroLaunch® Water Rocket typically consists of:
- LaunchTrak Nose Cone - A polyurethane nose cone weighing just 85 grams to make your water rocket aerodynamic. Specially designed to house the LaunchTrak altimeter, this nose cone adds advanced capabilities to your water rocket.
- Nozzle - Threads mated with standard soda bottles, and slots for low profile detachable fins, these rocket nozzles enable you to make a variety of rockets with different size soda bottles.
- Nozzle Inserts - 8mm, 10mm and 12mm standard inserts come in your HydroLaunch® water rocket kit, enabling you to experiment with a variety of thrust profiles.
- Fins - Low-profile detachable fin holders compatible with the nozzle enable you to use either standard fins (included in the HydroLaunch® kit) or build your own with our simple guide.
- Elev8Eject - The parachute eject mechanism uses a tilt switch to deploy parachutes at apogee, with 0° to 45° launch angles from the vertical.
- LaunchTrak Altimeter - The most sophisticated instant flight analysis tool for measuring the performance of your rocket. At 14 grams, it is extremely lightweight, and provides more than 10 vital measurements including max altitude, top speed, peak acceleration, engine thrust duration, time to apogee, total flight time, and force on impact with the ground, and records data at 100Hz, giving precise data for analysis.
NOTE: Bike Pump, Compressor, Soda (PET) bottles, tape, zip ties, are not included in the package.
- 1x HydroLaunch® Water Rocket Launcher
- 1x Pneumatic Release Mechanism
- 1x Carbon Fiber Rod
- 1x HydroLaunch® Water Rocket Nozzle
- 3x Nozzle Inserts (1 each of 8mm, 10mm and 12mm)
- 1x LaunchTrak Nose Cone
- 3x Rocket Fins
- 2x Launch Guide